On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Lena Dolter, about getting in flow with our own cycles, yes, those cycles. We’re talking about our monthly cycle, periods, and how to lean into them and plan with them instead of work against them.
It starts for many of us with periods being something we don’t really talk about. There is a disconnect between the information we are given and what we experience in our own bodies, and in some cases, like Lena’s, that disconnect can lead to a disconnect from self. So connecting with your cycle and to what is happening in your body is first off a reconnection to self.
One of the biggest mistakes we make when it comes to overwhelm and planning is assuming we have the same energy all month long. We don’t. There’s a part of the month we have more masculine energy (external, productive drive) and a week to 10 days of internal energy
We talk about:
- To start to learn about our own energy, we can ask these questions: How do I feel physically? How do I feel mentally? How do you feel emotionally? How do I feel spiritually?
- How our internal energy days are still productive they just look different and if we make space for them they can actually be quite creative
- Recognizing that painful periods and PMS are not normal, though we’ve been led to believe they are
- Having an inner rhythm, whether you get a period regularly, irregularly or not at all, and using the moon as a guide
- Encouraging our daughters to embrace their cycle and power
Lena Dolter guides women to reconnect with their deepest self-trust so they can honor what they need without guilt or shame. If you are a woman who wants to stop working against herself, who is open to connecting with her body to support her in life, healing, and accessing her highest self, Lena’s work is for you.
- Moon Rythmn on PlanSimple
- Lunar Abundance with Ezzie Spencer
- Living in Your Box with Sarah Jenks
- Intuitive Tools with Sarah Walka
Doable Changes from this episode:
- PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR ENERGY. Regularly ask yourself these questions over a 3 month period: How do I feel physically? How do I feel mentally? How do you feel emotionally? How do I feel spiritually? Start tracking your answers. Overtime can you notice patterns?
- GO INWARD. What happens if you don’t try to keep pushing when your energy tells you otherwise? What if you allow yourself to clear your schedule? What if you allow yourself to rest or get more support? Notice what happens to your energy, your creativity, and your productivity.
- PLANNING BASED ON YOUR CYCLE. As you gather more information about your cycle and your energy, start using this information in your planning. Block off the days when you anticipate being lower energy or more inward-focused. See what happens when you plan around giving yourself what you need on those days. Are you less overwhelmed because you fit projects into days when you have the energy to do them? Do you get more done because you make space for creativity? Do you feel more in flow?