When You Were Born with Wanica Dunn
On this episode of the PlanSimple Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Wanica, or Ms Astrology about how astrology can be fun and useful in our lives.
I decided on my birthday that I wanted to have my chart read (I wasn’t even quite sure how to say it), and googling led me to Wanica. I loved the experience and wanted to share that with anybody who is into astrology, anybody who is curious, or anybody who doesn’t know just how fun this can be.
Wanica explains how she got into astrology during a divorce and a very intense time in her life. She knew she was a Sagittarius but she didn’t realize the energy of the moon and different planets in her life. As she delved into it, her reaction and the way she was handling her situation made sense in a new way. She decided to learn more and help other people use astrology to find flow.
We talk about:
- The three parts of your chart you need to know (hint: you need to know your time of birth to know all three)
- The effects of different phases of the moon on our feelings and actions
- How knowing our kids’ charts can help us understand them
- The effects of our signs being predictable and how we can learn to work with them
- What’s coming up astrologically this summer and the effects it may have
- New moon and full moon rituals
Wanica, aka Ms Astrology, was lovingly given the nickname “Ms Astrology” by friends who teased her for always chatting about the sky. She first learned we are more than just our Sun Sign in 2012, since then she has used Astrology as a way to enlighten, guide and heal not only herself but also family, friends and of hundreds of clients. Wanica believes in and works with all sorts of healing modalities including Astrology, Tarot & Oracle Cards, Candle Magic, Herbs, Crystals, Oils, Sound Healing, Numerology, Reiki, & (of course) Intuition. She offers private sessions (aka “readings), a weekly subscription service that meets live known as The Cosmically LIT Collective, courses and public speaking events – any platform possible to help people better understand themselves.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- KNOW YOUR SIGN. If you know you’re a Sagittarius or Gemini or some other sign, that’s one starting place, one most of us know, but to understand your chart, you need to know your sun sign, your moon, and your rising sun. To find those, you need your time of birth. Knowing those can help you start to understand more of yourself, so start by identifying those three pieces.
- PAY ATTENTION TO THE MOON. The full moon and new moon bring new energies, and each one is different. You can use the moon info Wanica shares and create your own moon ritual, or start simply noting when the new moon and full moon occur. What do you notice about yourself these days? How do you feel? What are you pulled to do?
- GET A READING. I loved my reading! It was so fun and freeing. Next on my list is getting readings for my kids. Try it. Be open. See what you learn that could help you be in flow.