Have big goals that seem to go against the grain of the world around you? Listen up, because I’m talking with author, lifestyle design coach, and retreat leader Desha Peacock, who consistently builds a life that suits her dreams and creativity — even though it goes against the mainstream. We dive right into how she thinks about the life she’s creating.
It starts with her values, the top two being family and travel/adventure. Eight years ago, she quit her job, started a business, and pulled her daughter out of school and brought her to Mexico for a month. She talks about how she made that happen from the hard conversations with her husband to trading spaces — and about the synchronicity that happened from that trip and where it led her.
We also get into the challenges we face as women when we try to take care of ourselves or follow our dreams if that involves leaving children. But how it backfires if we only take care of others. So how does she make the magic happen?
We talk about:
- Clarity of desire — what’s the ideal situation you would love to happen
- Supporting practices like meditating to clear and let go, gratitude, asking for things, visualizing, plus how to turn things over to a higher power and also take practical action
- The four ways of being stuck: Stuck in the Muck, Lost Your Mojo, Creative Overwhelm, Out of Alignment, plus how to get out of creative overload (hint, it’s not about choosing one thing)
- Getting ideas out on paper — and finding a good time for them in your calendar
- Email as a more effective business tool than Instagram and Desha’s course to help people build their list
- Navigating family, a major launch, and the rest of life during cancer treatment
Desha Peacock is a published author, lifeSTYLE design coach & retreat leader. With a background in career development & intuitive sense of style, Desha helps women create their Sweet Spot: a self-defined place of success and beauty.Her first book Create the Style you Crave, was listed by the Huffington Post as one of the best books to buy your girlfriend & has sold over 10,000 copies. Her second book, Your Creative Work Space can be found in bookstores around the nation and online.
Desha holds a Master’s degree from The School for International Training, is a certified Global Career Development Facilitator & leads retreats across the globe. She’s been quoted or featured in Origins Magazine, Design Sponge, Flea Market Décor Magazine, The Jungalow, ABC.News, The Huffington Post, The Houston Chronicle, YahooNews.com, Career Rookie, US News Money, Where Women Create and many more.
- Desha’s NEW Listbuilding Course: https://www.zivatribe.com/course/list-from-scratch
- Quiz: https://www.tryinteract.com/share/quiz/61fd93d2115fc80018fb720b
- Desha’s website: www.sweetspotstyle.com
- Desha’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deshapeacock/
- Desha’s Past Podcast Interview: Make Space with Desha Peacock
- Meet Desha Peacock on Plan Simple
Doable Changes from this episode:
- GET CLARITY OF DESIRE. Start by asking: What is the ideal situation I would love to happen? Don’t shut down ideas because you don’t know how it will happen. Just get really clear on what you truly desire.
- TURN IT OVER AND TAKE A STEP. Desha uses a combination of turning things over to a higher power. Say what it is you need your universal manager to figure out. Then take a practical step. Remember, you don’t have to figure everything out to take each step.
- GET IDEAS OUT ON PAPER AND CALENDARED. If creative overwhelm resonates, this is a great doable change. When you have your brilliant ideas, write them down in a vision book or a space in your journal. Then think about when this could happen and put it on your calendar.