Empty nesting? What if we call it the shift instead? For Alicia Berberich, having kids leave opened up a lot of time and energy, but she said that’s just part of it. Our bodies are changing and our energy shifts with that too! This is a time when we have time to focus, and we can really accomplish what we’re called to do.
Alicia says, “My whole life has been about connecting and drawing women together in connection.” One of the things I loved about her story is that she started coaching because she wanted to help her daughters grow into the best they could be. And she has done so much to help women reach their goals. Alicia talks about how important planning is to her. Even when you look at someone who seems really organized and doing a lot, planning helps.
We talk about visioning where you want to be in five years and the power of being really clear on your values.
We talk about:
- The shift and the freeing of energy that comes with it
- Unexpected twists and benefits, like how she started teaching water aerobics
- Using your values as a guide
This is part of a series where we will be highlighting the work of some FLOW365ers. I ask each one, what are three pieces of advice from your expertise that you know will serve the Plan SImple audience. Because they know the process so well and are part of the audience, their pieces of advice are so valuable!
Alicia’s three pieces of wisdom:
- SET YOUR PLAN AND REFLECT Use the FLOW planner, because it gives you the questions you need to think about to organize your week. Create your plan on Monday, and at the end of the week, reflect on what worked and what didn’t. This starts to help you figure out what you can do better next week.
- BE PRESENT AND CONNECT. Even though we led with the energy that comes from kids leaving home, Alicia is really clear that making time to connect with your kids is essential. Listen to them. Validate them. You can apply this tip to a retired spouse too. Have time you are very present and connect with them — and time when you focus on your essential work.
- KNOW YOUR FUTURE SELF. Know where you want to be in five years. Then go backward to figure out what you need to do to create that today. What little things honors that future self? What step can you take toward the goals that get you there?
Alicia Berberich loves helping women achieve their goals and has been running workshops and mastermind groups to help women stay on their path. She’s the founder of Alicia Berberich Presents, Women’s Marketing Luncheons and Women in Business Roundtable in San Francisco. She’s also a certified direct response copywriter.
Alicia’s work has evolved to meet the ongoing needs of her clients, all around the area of accountability. She helps women create marketing strategies and copy that gets attention and opens new channels for her clients. It all starts with understanding where her clients want to go with their business and developing a path to get there.
Alicia is the mother of three college students and has two Labradors who run her days.