- Melissa Deally
On this episode of the Plan Simple Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Melissa Deally, an Integrative Health Practitioner focused on brain and gut health. Gut health can be hard to wrap our minds around. It’s inside. We can’t see it. It doesn’t sound particularly appealing. And yet it has such big effects. Melissa and talk about the benefits of getting interested in (even excited by) gut health.
The idea that gut health is the root of all health goes way back to Hippocrates, and then we lost that idea for a long time. But gut health and our microbiome is starting to get attention again. Knowing that 90 to 95% of all disease is triggered by the environment we create inside our body, we can learn to create an environment that is inhospitable to disease.
Instead of going to the doctor for a pill when you get sick, why not be proactive in your health. Melissa and I explore steps you can take to do that, and show how quickly you can start to feel better when you make a change.
We talk about:
- Recognizing that some of the physical ailment or discomfort we feel is not normal
- How brain fog and gut health are connected
- Breaking emotional attachments to foods that no longer serve us
- Using functional medicine labs to see what’s happening inside the body so you can find a path to healing
- Finding what your body wants you to eat and reframing that from being too deprived to being a choice
- Helping our kids and recognizing those common complaints and even learning issues can be related to gut health and food
Melissa is an Integrative Health Practitioner, Registered Health Coach, Speaker, and host of her “Don’t Wait For Your Wake Up Call!” podcast. Melissa neither diagnoses nor cures, but helps bring your body back into balance by helping you discover your “toxic load” and then removing the toxins. Melissa gets to the root cause of your health issue, using functional medicine lab tests that help you “see inside” your body to know exactly what is going on, and then she provides a personalized wellness protocol using natural herbs and supplements. Melissa’s business is 100% virtual and she specializes in holding your hand and guiding the way to healing so that you don’t have to figure it all out on your own.
- To book a complimentary 30 min call with Melissa: https://YGHJappointments.as.me/?appointmentType=16156436
- Discover Your Toxic Load Quiz: https://welcome.yourguidedhealthjourney.com/yourtoxicload
Doable Changes from this episode:
- NOTICE HOW YOU FEEL. Start by noticing how your body feels. Do you have stomach aches? Headaches? Are you stuffed up or feeling like allergies all the time? Do you feel lethargic (always or in certain parts of the day)? Do parts of your body hurt? Do you feel heavy or weighed down? These are just a few of the questions you can ask. Do a body scan? What feels good? What feels off somehow? What have you told yourself was just “normal” for you? What have you told yourself was just aging? What if you started from the premise that not feeling good isn’t normal?
- GET TESTING. Functional health testing can help you figure out what’s happening inside. That information can save you a lot of time testing and trying. It can give you information to start making plans on healing or making changes that will help your body feel good.
- MAKE IT A CHOICE. Know your why. Know that the food choices you make are to make your body function well and feel good. Know why you are changing your eating and focus on your why. Instead of saying, “I can’t have X,” say “I’m choosing foods that make me feel good” or “I’m choosing foods that help me (fill in your why).”