Money is a Great Teacher with Marcy Predmore
Let’s talk about women making money. It’s a topic we tend to shy away from, but every time I do work on making money or my mindset around money or my past limiting beliefs on money, amazing things happen. Money is a great teacher, and I’m excited to talk with Marcy Predmore about the synergy of money, health, wellness, and your mind.
We tend to have a lot of emotions around money, but money itself is just a tool. We grew up with other people’s habits and traditions and emotions around money, but we don’t have to stick with them. For any of you who come from a “money is the root of all evil” tradition or equating money with greed, consider this: The more you’re able to help other people get what they need and want, the more blessings of abundance flow to everybody involved.
And then there’s motherhood and our own well being. How do we fit these together with money making? What mindset blocks are getting in your way? Can you create a thriving business if you are disconnected from yourself? We get into all these juicy questions.
We talk about:
- Leaning on mentors
- Getting uncomfortable as part of growth
- Using nurturing practices, including affirmations throughout the day as part of personal growth
- The energetic tool of writing what you want on white paper with blue ink with your right and left hands
- Releasing your fears, anxieties, and other feelings about money so that it can flow
- Sharing a different money legacy with our kids
Marcy Predmore-McPhee is an entrepreneur from Estes Park, Colorado. As a single mother, Marcy began her journey to financial independence in the life insurance industry to provide for her and her son. Twenty years and a lot of hard work later, she is consistently recognized as a leader in the industry. In 2015, Marcy and her husband, Tim, saw a way to help others on their financial journey and started Private Banking Concepts with the goal of educating people on how to secure wealth while building a lasting legacy. Marcy and Tim have always focused on an education-first mindset to teach individuals the core knowledge and tactical how-to of implementing concepts used by banks and the wealthy elite to make their money work for them.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- FIND A MENTOR. Mentors share knowledge and experience. They can help us see outside our own perspective, teach us tools, show us paths. What area in your life do you need help with right now? Look for a mentor. Think about people you already know. Start exploring that topic or area and see who comes into your life. Ask other people for connections.
- GET AWARE OF YOUR MONEY THOUGHTS. Money is just a tool, but we tend to have a lot of emotions, habits, and traditions around it. Start to notice these. They might show up like, “There are more important things than money” or “You’re greedy to want more” or “I just want enough to take care of my kids.” They might be a sense of scarcity or striving or feeling like you don’t know what you’re doing. What’s one different idea you want to embrace? Write it down.
- WRITE WHAT YOU WANT. I always say there is magic in writing things down. Marcy shares this tool for working energetically with what you want: Write what you want on white paper with blue ink. Write if with your right hand and then with your left hand. It’s challenging for most of us to do that, but writing it with both hands changes the energy.