How do you manifest your life? How do you show up for the sacred? These are some of the questions Julie Hannon addresses in her work. Julie is a shamanic healing arts practitioner, and both a member and teacher in FLOW365. She works with clients one-on-one, teachers people to live a shamanic life, and she mentors other people doing healing arts.
Julie talks about what work-life balance looks like when you recally center or prioritize life and spiritual practice. She says she’s always thinking about where her joy is. As part of the discussion, we rethink the work week and time off. For Julie this includes recognizing Thursday as a sacred day of showing up for your work, to learn, and for celebration.
We talk about having a clear vision. Julie shares her experiences of not always knowing how things will happen, and instead trusting spirit. Imagine that things will work and letting things be easy.
We talk about:
- Asking what business needs and what you need, because both need attention for things to flow
- Listening to your body and energy. Julie says: if I don’t feel energized and excited about something, then it’s not the right time.
- Meditation and dreaming and asking spirit for help
This is part of a series where we will be highlighting the work of some FLOW365ers. I ask each one, what are three pieces of advice from your expertise that you know will serve the Plan SImple audience. Because they know the process so well and are part of the audience, their pieces of advice are so valuable!
Julie’s three pieces of wisdom:
- NOURISH YOURSELF SO THINGS CAN FLOW. Eat well and stay hydrated. It affects sleep and fuels your work. Don’t forget to do the things that nourish you — like seeing friends or being by water for Julie — too.
- SCHEDULE YOUR LIFE AND SPIRITUAL PRACTICES FIRST. We talk about scheduling in FLOW — putting things into time. Julie starts with set events in her business (a weekly meditation on Sunday and Sacred Circle on Thursday, for example), and then schedules her own practices (swimming and meditation) before clients. What would happen if you put yourself on your calendar first?
- START WITH YOUR VISION. Start with a vision or dream. What do you really want? What would your life look like? You don’t have to know how to get there to get really clear on the vision. Meditate on your vision or dream. Allow space for it.
Julie Hannon is a shaman and a teacher, committed to helping you discover yourself, your joy, and the beauty in life. Julie is passionate about connecting with people and helping each and every one discover their own special strengths and gifts. This practice is the doorway on the first step of your journey. Julie weaves all her experiences together to create magic. She combines her expertise as an energy medicine practitioner, HeartMath Coach/Mentor and student of spiritual wisdom traditions with more than twenty years professional experience as a human resources director. Throughout her work, she has been a professional facilitator and teacher, moderating, leading groups and creating programs and retreats.