Kim John Payne, M.ED, is the author of the #1 Best Selling book, Simplicity Parenting. A consultant and trainer to over 200 North American independent and public schools Kim has been a school counselor, adult educator, consultant, researcher, educator and a private family counselor for twenty seven years. He regularly gives key note addresses at international conferences for educators, parents, and therapists and runs workshops and trainings around the world. In each role, he has been helping children, adolescents and families explore issues such as social difficulties with siblings and classmates, attention and behavioral issues at home and school, emotional issues such as defiance, aggression, addiction and self-esteem and the vital role living a balanced and simple life brings.
What we covered in our chat:
- Simplicity Parenting is not a thing in itself but a line to figure out what matters in your family
- The process of making has gotten lost
- Kim ‘s vegetable garden and the idea that when we grow we have the ability to picture
- Dinner is not just getting the meal on table, an essential truth that is being lost
- Pause and picture what you will create and how to picture the children helping in the best possible way.
- Have your kids involved in the process
- Young kids need us to be the boss
- What to do when booking kids for activities and how to dial back on scheduling… and how that might help them in their career
- Bedtime strategies
- Breakfast strategies for food and well being at school. He calls it “Soul Protein.”
- Creating rituals at the dinner table
- Description of Thorn and Rose
Want to listen to more Plan Simple Meals episodes?