On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Heather Maguire, about intuition. Heather is an intuitive, a medium, and the mom of two teenagers.
Intuition is knowing things without thinking it out or without a known reason. Our intuition is so important but so often I hear people saying it isn’t really their thing. Heather says, “A lot of people who feel like they don’t have an intuition or they don’t hear it or connect with it are people who have an idea of what it’s supposed to look or sound or feel like. Part of developing your intuition or beginning to hear your intuition better is understanding what your intuition looks and sounds and feels like.”
So sometimes we don’t hear our intuition because we haven’t learned to understand our own intuition. And many of us aren’t really in tune with our bodies, which makes it harder to connect with our intuition.
We talk about:
- Getting more comfortable in our bodies by regularly practicing feeling different emotions
- Understanding the difference between fear and intuition
- How things keep coming back to us if we don’t listen to our intuition
- How doing a little less can actually help us move forward
- What happens when you trust and give up the need to do everything ourselves
- Using planning in a healthy way to make space for what’s important
Heather Maguire is intuitive and medium who offers private sessions, group events and workshops. Her readings provide clarity and uncover what’s below the surface but impacting your daily life and your ability to accomplish your goals. Her intuitive sessions are like a comforting, therapeutic conversation that leaves you feeling safe, grounded and loved. Having been intuitive her whole life, Heather has always been fascinated by the connections between people and the conversation beneath the conversation. She enjoys helping people uncover their own intuitive abilities and believes that at the end of the day, what matters most is honoring the truth of who you are. She likes to say, “You’re not broken. You’re not an accident. Who you are is who you are meant to be. You have permission to love your whole self!”
Doable Changes from this episode:
- TRUE/NOT TRUE EXERCISE. Stand up, take a few deep breaths and clear your energy and then just start playing around. Think of things that are true and then think of things that are not true. See how your body reacts to known truths and known untruths. This will help you understand how your body reacts when you aren’t sure about things.
- JOURNALING TO GET OUT OF PANIC. We use journaling for a lot of reasons. Try using it to get out of panic. Start your day by writing down all the thoughts flooding into your head. Read it through to see what you are feeding yourself. Then help the pendulum spin by writing some new thoughts.
- FEEL YOUR FEELINGS. One of the big blocks to our intuition is not being in our bodies. One way to start to change this is to practice feeling our feelings. Take 10 seconds each day to fully feel your feelings (you can practice with a chosen feeling or let yourself fully feel something that comes up for you). Feel it and then move on.