Being and Becoming with Michele Julian
On this episode of the PlanSimple Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Michele Julian, a healing life coach and meditation teacher about tools for this time we are in now. It’s a really important time to pause and really listen to ourselves.
If you’re feeling like life has been on pause and you’re ready to resume, you could think about it as a time to process what’s happened. You could use it as a time to ask: Why do I want to be doing this particular thing that I’m doing today? Is it something that’s really helpful for me and my family? Or is this something I’ve just been programmed to do to think that I am supposed to be doing this?
But beyond that, how do you process this experience and take care of yourself? One of the shifts is how you think about self-care. What happens when we make self-care non-negotiable? What happens when we turn to coaches and counselors to support us out of overwhelm and through grief and trauma?
We talk about:
- Figuring out what your real, basic self-care is
- Using a variety of tools—oracle decks, Journey dance, and more—to support yourself
- A map to create more understanding in our physical, mental, and spiritual body
- Journaling through the moon cycle
- The importance of really slowing down and being
- Getting out of your monkey mind
Michele Julian is a healing life coach and meditation teacher. She works with clients to heal their body and soul from the inside out so they can live a life of power, presence, and purpose. She runs the Rise of the Goddess podcast and is the creator of the Julian Method. She helps clients find, nurture, honor, and embody the goddess they are, through One-on-One Coaching and group programs.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- ASK QUESTIONS. There is no “normal” to go back to, so we need to look at what we are resuming, letting back in, or continuing to do. Try asking these questions for a week and see what you find out: Why do I want to be doing this particular thing that I’m doing today? Is it something that’s really helpful for me and my family? Or is this something I’ve just been programmed to do to think that I am supposed to be doing this?
- BACK TO BASICS SELF-CARE. Forget getting nails done, massage, meditation. What are the real basic self-care actions you need? It could be as simple as taking a shower or eating a nourishing meal or getting outside. Pick something. Make it non-negotiable. Do it, and notice how it makes you feel.
- PAUSE. If everything is moving too fast, pause. Take a weekend, a day, an hour out of your schedule. Slow down. Get still. Let yourself feel what the last 18 months has been like for you. Notice how you feel and what you need right now. Notice what feels hard, what needs to change. Don’t worry about changing, just start by noticing.